Friday, May 20, 2011

Walking, Walking, Walking!

You may remember back in January when I started walking?  I could only do once around the church building and then didn't even know if I could do that!  Erika jokingly told me, "If you only make it halfway I will come pick you up in the car!"  I knew as much as she was joking, she was also serious.  Only once did I not make it around the building.  We walked down one side turned around and came back. I was not feeling well that morning, but at least I did it.

When we started this journey of walking, it was once around the building (about 1/4 of a mile) twice a week.  I eventually graduated to three times a week, then five days a week.  Then I started out with two times, twice around the building for about 1/2 mile.

My goal by June 1st was to walk 1/2 mile five days a week!!  Today WE DID IT!!  But I could never have done this without Tiffany, Erika and Ramona and all the munchkins who come with us. 

For those still struggling and saying "Yeah Laura, I know I need to do something..."

JUST DO IT!!!

This crazy life and world we live in is a journey!!!  Too often we are taught to be fast and quick and just get it done.  For me, it is easy to quit and tell myself  "what good is 1/4 of a mile"?  You build upon that!  We build upon everything in our lives.  If we can remember that, we can do this!

Many times I have had people approach me (yes complete strangers!) and say, "have you ever looked into Gastic Bypass surgery?"  I have had people say, "I have a diet for you to try!"  I politely turn them down and remember to try to take one step at a time.  I am firm believer, that before I could ever change the outside I had to change the inside.  That is also coming very slowly.  I think the best thing I could have done to have success with all this is to know people care and I am loved.  I really believe it took me getting rid of the anger in me and finding love to be able to do this!!

Don't Ever Give Up!!

Sorry I have not updated as I should!!  But I would love to hear how everyone is doing in their exercising, sugar and soda etc.  I still stay away from it all for the most part.  I will have a treat every now and then, but does not really tempt me as it did.  Now maybe I will have to work on this with my salt intake!  Ha

Hugs Laura

2 comments:

  1. Laura, I have had a hard time of it. Lots of changes and uncertainty made me drop out for a bit. In the interim I think I have gained and went back to the soda in a big way. I get I could look at it as loss progress but I am choosing to look at it as a learning experience and try and track in my journal where I lost my way.
    I am very proud of you for continuing on your path. Way to go!! Thank you as always for your inspiration. Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and miss your posts! Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete